Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2003
Hi all, first post, having lurked around the rumors section, as, along with the masses, I'm highly anticipating a new 15" Al book. But for now I have a question regarding the iPod, which I've been wanting for quite some time. I was just wondering if you think it's wise to get one now or do you speculate yet another iPod upgrade this fall? Perhaps a more complex screen, more storage, all that jazz....

I know they were recently upgraded and I'm days away from jumping on a 30gig, but just for precaution, I thought I'd ask, as I can certainly wait a couple of months if a newer model is in the works.

Thanks!

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
doubtful... it's been just 3 months.

imagine the complications apple will have to go through in reducing the inventory if they were to upgrade the capacity to 15/30/50 GB, say and keeping the same price structure as now? (imaginative example, no rumors intended.)

get your 30 GB. sooner you have it, the sooner you get to play with it.

jazzman45

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2003
lawrence, ks
it seems like 30gb would have to be the top...i mean who has 30gb of music? I've had trouble just getting 16...

Anyone out there actually have 30gb on their iPod?

Maybe it's time to start up the rumor mill about 4th gen. iPods ;)

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
Originally posted by jazzman45
it seems like 30gb would have to be the top...i mean who has 30gb of music? I've had trouble just getting 16...

Anyone out there actually have 30gb on their iPod?

Maybe it's time to start up the rumor mill about 4th gen. iPods ;)

i don't have an ipod, but i do have 10488 songs, 43.77GB

Attachments

• picture 2.jpg
    picture 2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 268

pretentious

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2002
"Reality"
The iPods are selling like gangbusters at there current price and features, I don't see any kind of upgrade within a year. Although I doubt it, we might see a price drop around X-mas.
So what more do you want from the iPod? Do you have more than 30GB of music? Do you think that they need to upgrade the iPods every three to four months?

I should point you to the MR Buyer's Guide that should always help on your buying decisions.

hat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2003
Originally posted by pretentious

So what more do you want from the iPod? Do you have more than 30GB of music? Do you think that they need to upgrade the iPods every three to four months?

I don't particularily want anything more from the iPod.
I do have more than 30GB of music
I don't think they need to upgrade every three to four months.

I was just curious, things aren't always as predictable as they seem, particularily regarding Apple.

Thanks for the link.

jazzman45

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2003
lawrence, ks
you know what would be awesome?! color screen, use same algorithms used in iTunes visualizers, and voila...you get some cool sh*t.

also, like the AV adapter on the ibook... L/R/Video rather than just L/R output so you could have a portable party machine!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.