Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stefanmz7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Hey I need to transfer my iPod touch apps (backup files) to iPad can I do that? Will they be compatible?

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2013
If they are universal, yes.

To move everything, go and back up your iPod touch. to iCloud or iTunes.
Then go on your iPad and select restore from iCloud backup (if you used iCloud) or restore from iTunes (if you used that).

Note: If you have any songs imported from CDs, they won't be backed up to iCloud.

Stefanmz7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Ok thanks! I don' t think about copying everything because I already got some from App Store and I don't want to restore my iPad but I just wanna copy some of the apps not all of them that have progress (records and stuff) and I copied them with some backup program(I forgot) I think it was copytrans and now I want to restore them to the iPad but thanks for replying and assuring me. I think they are all universal( I hope). Ok thanks. I'll mark this as an answer

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Ok thanks! I don' t think about copying everything because I already got some from App Store and I don't want to restore my iPad but I just wanna copy some of the apps not all of them that have progress (records and stuff) and I copied them with some backup program(I forgot) I think it was copytrans and now I want to restore them to the iPad but thanks for replying and assuring me. I think they are all universal( I hope). Ok thanks. I'll mark this as an answer

If they're not universal, they'll just be letterboxed, but still work fine. I actually run one iPhone only app for the Safari extension.

Stefanmz7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Yeah ok. I actually also use an iPhone only app for the Safari extension-Bing. Because bing for iPad doesn't have it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.