Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Does anyone else have the problem that their iPod doesn't sync properly with iCal? I'm running Panther with a 4G iPod and up until recently it had all the days out by one. It changed about a week ago (when I reformatted my iPod) but now everything is running half an hour earlier than it should.

I've had a look around on the forums but I can't find anything like this. Is it just me?

Any help would be hugely appreciated because this is quite annoying. :(

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
The only thing I can think of is that your iPod (or, not likely, iCal) is stuck on a wrong timezone (there are some half timezones), but it seems like a long shot...

...of cource the clock is correct on both, right...? ;)

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
The only thing I can think of is that your iPod (or, not likely, iCal) is stuck on a wrong timezone (there are some half timezones), but it seems like a long shot...

...of cource the clock is correct on both, right...? ;)

Thanks Mitthrawnuruodo.

Yeah, the clock's fine on both which is weird. My time-zone for my iPod is Tokyo which is about 1.5hrs behind but my actual time-zone doesn't appear as one of the options. The time-zone support option in iCal is disabled (by default). This is really weird, all the times in iCal are correct but they're just not syncing with the iPod well. I don't have anything else to sync which is a shame because I could work out if it's my mac or my iBook. :(

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
mad jew said:
Thanks Mitthrawnuruodo.

Yeah, the clock's fine on both which is weird. My time-zone for my iPod is Tokyo which is about 1.5hrs behind but my actual time-zone doesn't appear as one of the options. The time-zone support option in iCal is disabled (by default). This is really weird, all the times in iCal are correct but they're just not syncing with the iPod well. I don't have anything else to sync which is a shame because I could work out if it's my mac or my iBook. :(
Try enableing the timezone in iCal, and set it to the same as your iPod (I would change both to somewhere nearer to my own...)

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Try enableing the timezone in iCal, and set it to the same as your iPod (I would change both to somewhere nearer to my own...)

You CHAMPION! :D :D
Yeah, that fixed it. It's a shame the iPod doesn't have more time-zones. You'd think they'd account for Australia! :rolleyes:

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
mad jew said:
You CHAMPION! :D :D
Yeah, that fixed it. It's a shame the iPod doesn't have more time-zones. You'd think they'd account for Australia! :rolleyes:
No problem... :)

Coming from a small European country outside EU, I can understand your frustration of being left out, sometimes (all though we haven't got that particular problem, as we share time zone with e.g. Paris and Berlin... ;))

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.