Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FancyApple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2023
Help, today I bought an iPod Classic 5g from Tianguis (yes, I'm from Mexico) and wanted to delete all (pirate) songs and other things from the previous owner, I erased the disk, but when restored it says that I need a firewire cable, and iTunes hangs when restoring. I don't have any Firewire cable in my house :'(

Help I payed 350 pesos (like 20 dollars)

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Help, today I bought an iPod Classic 5g from Tianguis (yes, I'm from Mexico) and wanted to delete all (pirate) songs and other things from the previous owner, I erased the disk, but when restored it says that I need a firewire cable, and iTunes hangs when restoring. I don't have any Firewire cable in my house :'(

Help I payed 350 pesos (like 20 dollars)
If it is indeed a 5th generation iPod, it shouldn't be saying anything about FireWire. That model of iPod doesn't even support sync of any kind over a FireWire cable, only charging. USB only for sync.

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
If your iPod shows a power adapter icon on the screen after a restore, any USB adapter should work if you plug it into the wall. Try an iPhone/iPad/USB iPod power brick and it should finish the restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.