Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cdlazarus1977

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2024
6 years ago I had my 160gb ipod classic 6th/7th gen upgraded to 500gb ssd. Worked fine untill last week when the screen displayed sad face and cross and instructed to connect to itunes and restore, first ever time. I was not running Rockbox and instead the logic board was changed during the upgrade. Since the restore the device is showing only 128gb, any ideas how to fix?

philden

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
Thank you
MC297 7th Gen
Do you know what kind of SSD is inside your iPod? If it is an iFlash Quad with 4 x 128GB then maybe 3 of the microSD cards have become loose? If you have a single 500GB SSD, then the problem is a little strange.

Cdlazarus1977

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2024
Ok that makes sense, I did drop it around the time of the issue. Thank you, I dont know what is inside.

Cdlazarus1977

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2024
The issue only began after the forced restore, the only time this has ever happened. Before this the ipod started skipping playlist tracks for no reason and album and track cover images were totally corrupted

philden

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
The issue only began after the forced restore, the only time this has ever happened. Before this the ipod started skipping playlist tracks for no reason and album and track cover images were totally corrupted
I think you'll need to open up the iPod and try reseating whatever memory cards/SSD you find, and check the cable between the logic board and the memory.

Reactions: Cdlazarus1977
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.