Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fthree

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 14, 2014
Looking at the classics as I used to love the ones I owned (but got rid of) would it be possible to get playlists from spotify to work on one? thanks

theapplehead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2018
North Carolina
Looking at the classics as I used to love the ones I owned (but got rid of) would it be possible to get playlists from spotify to work on one? thanks
Unfortunately unless you have purchased the music and own the actual songs in the playlist it would be impossible. This is due to the fact that you couldn’t install Spotify on a device that cannot connect to the internet and therefore couldn’t get your playlists. You also couldn’t export the songs or copy/paste them since they are DRM protected. Let me know if you’ve got anymore questions. Best of luck!

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Nope. You have to have your music either in no-DRM MP3 or AAC; or Apple iTunes Music Store DRM only. No streaming music service allows you to download songs DRM-free.

purplerain0330

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2020
US
This video here might be able to help you out. Imo as long as the downloaded Spotify music is for personal use only, there won't be much of a trouble.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.