Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Reeves said:
Sorry, what do you expect from a 12 year old?

Spellcheck?! :p Only joking, don't listen to the big bad caveman, he doesn't get out much ;) :p

As for the iPod, the combination of usability (the scroll wheel kicks ass on the Zen's vertical touchpad), hype (it's still seen as 'cool' but obviously this could change at any time), looks (still the sexiest about), number of third party products available (from cases to speakers to software add ons the iPod eco-system is pretty healthy and a great draw for the pod) and iTunes (makes it that much easier and pleasant to use) makes the iPod pretty much unstoppable at the moment. It's going to take more than just undercutting the iPod to beat it.

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
munkle said:
Spellcheck?! :p Only joking, don't listen to the big bad caveman, he doesn't get out much ;) :p

As for the iPod, the combination of usability (the scroll wheel kicks ass on the Zen's vertical touchpad), hype (it's still seen as 'cool' but obviously this could change at any time), looks (still the sexiest about), number of third party products available (from cases to speakers to software add ons the iPod eco-system is pretty healthy and a great draw for the pod) and iTunes (makes it that much easier and pleasant to use) makes the iPod pretty much unstoppable at the moment. It's going to take more than just undercutting the iPod to beat it.

How about an embedded iPod like device that you can control via a tap of your finger tips and can see the visual data on a watch. ;) :)

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
maya said:
How about an embedded iPod like device that you can control via a tap of your finger tips and can see the visual data on a watch. ;) :)

Pah, so 1984...I've got an iPod prototype personally given to me by Steve that is embedded into my cerebrum. It can automatically predict what song I want to listen to and will download the appropriate tune from iTMS (you don't want to know where the WiFi is located!) and pipe the music straight into my ears. Oh and it syncs perfectly with my Powerbook G5 running Liger, the one up from Lion ;) :p

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2004
munkle said:

Hey Munkle, i get out sometimes.....rarely.....ok never..... :::Walks back into his cave::: :p :D

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
munkle said:
Pah, so 1984...I've got an iPod prototype personally given to me by Steve that is embedded into my cerebrum. It can automatically predict what song I want to listen to and will download the appropriate tune from iTMS (you don't want to know where the WiFi is located!) and pipe the music straight into my ears. Oh and it syncs perfectly with my Powerbook G5 running Liger, the one up from Lion ;) :p

Thanks for ruining the Future for all of us now. :eek: ;) :p :)

keithpetey

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2004
competition doesnt really matter for the ipod because every maker is overlooking elegance. if someone could make a mp3 player that is just as easy to use and stylish id buy it in a heartbeat. i keep seeing the competition on tv and im just thinking to myself what ugly pieces of shiite. i dont care that it can hold 20 gb and costs 100 bucks less.

SodaPopMonster

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2005
Houston, TX
Why, if I had a quarter for every time i saw one of these I would throw them at people at the food court . you know, from that railing, like , up above.

monster
:D

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
edesignuk said:
If they're 12 we can cut them some slack for spelling something wrong, god knows I do it all the time.

Since my original quote got deleted it makes it kinda hard to follow but anyway...
I'm the last one to mock anyone for spelling but using your age as an excuse was just something I needed to comment.
No need to excuse yourself for spelling anyway, it doesn't matter. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.