Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sweetaction

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2001
seattle, wa
Re: Re: private time

Originally posted by kiwi_the_iwik
Originally posted by sweetaction
My girlfriend thinks its so cute that I get stoked on geeky stuff like this. Gotta love her.

How the HELL did you get a girlfriend who likes your geeky side?

When I talk tecchie, my wife just slaps me silly...

I dunno. Lucky for sure. She plays keyboard and trumpet in our band also. She cooks, cleans and like good music. Spoiled. I will say it.

I'll let her give the iPod a spin. But I think she is all over the Yamaha MOTIF 8 for Christmas.

Buggy

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2001
Canada
Kiwi, I concer. Once you are married purchases like compuers come under much more scrutiny. At least my wife is a Mac person (loves her ibook, but won't touch OSX).
I showed her the iPod commercial, She said "wow that neat, but whats the price". Once I told her, that was the end of that conversation.

Choices when you are married.
A winter trip/clothing/paying off bills --- or ---- tech toys.... Guess what always loses out

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
akuma you said newsgroups. omg finally i can ask. how is the newsgroup scene on the mac side and are there any good clients for leeches like me???? i am a big newsgroup junkie hehe i am always the guy getting asked "where/how did you get that album/software/OS/pr0n?" (j/k hehe) newsgroups are the ultimate source because IRC is full of lamers. anyways please tell me the name of a good client.

akuma

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2001
Originally posted by sparkleytone
akuma you said newsgroups. omg finally i can ask. how is the newsgroup scene on the mac side and are there any good clients for leeches like me????
...anyways please tell me the name of a good client.

ya-newswathcer 4.2.6 is the client I use.
Since this is such a touchy subject, with some people, I'd rather talk about it through email.... <bsb18258@mac.com> I'd be more than happy to help you out.

broadband + newsgroups + macintosh = sweetness :D

kiwi_the_iwik

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2001
London, UK
Originally posted by Buggy

Choices when you are married.
A winter trip/clothing/paying off bills --- or ---- tech toys.... Guess what always loses out

Just wait until the next stage - kids. Think you had a hard time getting that Mac you wanted so much? It won't even make dinner conversation now that you've got bigger priorities.

I've got a little 18 month old guy who recently jumped onto my desk, and stabbed 3 fingers into my nice new LCD monitor. I could look at him all day long; now I have a long-lasting memory of him everytime I turn on the Cube.

I can't have anything nice...

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
haha SALESPITCH. compUSA... apple stuff, great replacement plans. even if you didnt buy it there...alot of times if we carry it well let you buy the replacement. one-time no ?'s asked replacement, you cant beat accidental damage protection. word up.

sweetaction

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2001
seattle, wa
ok ok ok

OK this iPod is just sick. Wow. The headphones sound amazing. I usually hate buds. But I was listening to Blank Wave Arcade from the Faint and was hearing sounds I had never heard come out of the iMac. I was walking around to see if any of my flatmates had their stereos on.

In about 15 minutes I had 837 songs on here. It took me a little longer because I was dragging and dropping. (I have like 2100 mp3s so I had to be picky, poor me!) I didnt get the whole 1000 on their because I encode mp3s at the highest setting. Still, over 800 highest quality mp3s is fine with me.

The jog dial is so sexy. Dang playa! You gotta love how easy that this is.

The backlight is almost white. Very easy to see things.

I dont know what else to say. I am going to hit the shower and then roll down to the coffee shop. I'll see how it works plugged into one of the discman tape adapters in the car. Rad.

Post questions if you have any.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.