Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kukheart

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2003
Dallas
I just got in a first gen ipod from ebay..got it for $130...i think it's going to be a collectors item one day...i do need a different firewire cable, does anyone know where i can get that? i'm sure the apple store would have some, any other thoughts?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
kukheart said:
I just got in a first gen ipod from ebay..got it for $130...i think it's going to be a collectors item one day...i do need a different firewire cable, does anyone know where i can get that? i'm sure the apple store would have some, any other thoughts?

Actually, what you need is a standard firewire cable. Same connector, both ends. Should be very easy to find one of those.

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
dejo said:
Actually, what you need is a standard firewire cable. Same connector, both ends. Should be very easy to find one of those.

Yeah, your local CompUSA should have it... although they mainly sell Belkin brand which are generally overpriced. If you don't mind waiting for something to be shipped, newegg.com has good prices on cables (usually cheaper than Belkin cables from CompUSA, even after adding in shipping cost).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.