Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bLink-404

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2011
I'm looking at purchasing a U2 iPod off eBay. The model number and serial number printed on the back and box are all legit.

However, I am concerned with the regulatory markings on the back – I have never seen them in another language before, and it says "MP3" in English. Was this standard for iPods in Taiwan? TIA!

s-l1600 (11).jpeg

Last edited:

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Is this bait? Taiwan is not part of China, and the regulatory text on this iPod is in Traditional Chinese, which is the standard script used in Taiwan. Anyway, that's how iPods sold in Taiwan during that time looked, and the first line is a description of what the device is, as the iPod Classic was capable of playing back MP3 files.

• Love
Reactions: bLink-404

bLink-404

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2011
Is this bait? Taiwan is not part of China, and the regulatory text on this iPod is in Traditional Chinese, which is the standard script used in Taiwan. Anyway, that's how iPods sold in Taiwan during that time looked, and the first line is a description of what the device is, as the iPod Classic was capable of playing back MP3 files.
No, certainly not bait – I am from Australia and have relied on Google Lens/Translate to help me. I have updated the typo.

I appreciate the reply!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.