Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mauly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2003
Manchester, England
Im not very "up" on the ipod phenomenon! I'm now interested in getting an ipod mini. I've had a look at the ipod buyers guide, which suggests don't buy now! does this also apply to the ipod mini?

gco212

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2004
Philadelphia
It'll probably only be a GB boost, nothing major. I'd get it now, because I bet we don't see new ones for a few months (anniversary of iTunes?).

unfaded

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2002
Seattle, WA
JzzTrump22 said:
Spend the extra $30 and get the 20 gig. Trust me, it's worth it.

To you, perhaps. I have a mini and wouldn't get a bigger one for the life of me. The things are monsters once you're used to a mini.

mauly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2003
Manchester, England
Well, I've just ordered it :) my account is open (what ever that means)

This is my first apple hardware, good starting point! next onto rev/b iMac G5 :)

johnbro23

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
mauly said:
Well, I've just ordered it :) my account is open (what ever that means)

This is my first apple hardware, good starting point! next onto rev/b iMac G5 :)

Sweet. You'll definitely be happy with Apple. I was just like you 6 months ago, now I own a Mac and some Apple stock and read rumor sites like this :)

lfielder06

Dec 5, 2004
mauly said:
Just had a look at my order! it says that it has be shipped, but I've just looked at my bank account and money has not been taken out!

The same thing happened when i purchased my ibook. I accually recieved my ibook for about 3 days before they finally charged me. Don't worry though they wont forget to charge you. :)

mauly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2003
Manchester, England
lfielder06 said:
The same thing happened when i purchased my ibook. I accually recieved my ibook for about 3 days before they finally charged me. Don't worry though they wont forget to charge you. :)

Damn! :p

I can't find the page where you can see where the iPod is in the world! anyone got a link for me!

Also, I think I going mad/obsessed, I keep checking order status to see if anything has changed :rolleyes:

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Congrats! You gonna love it, I use my little green mini every day.

Just make a couple of playlists in iTunes and sync those, then when (or if) your iTunes Library proceeds 4 GB you'll have no problems. I have a couple of ~1, ~ 2, ~4 and ~9 hours playlist which I use regurlarly on my iPod (or directly from iTuns on my iBook through an Airport Express to my hifi, but that's another story...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.