Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newrivertrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2005
Well, I posted this before but some jerks hijacked the thread. Now it seems to be a bigger problem than I first thought. Apparently, large batches of the new nano have shipped out with tilted screens. (Mine was shipped back to Apple and I'm waiting for my new one as we speak)

Here's the engadget article.

And here's the long thread. on Apple's website forum:

EricBrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2005
I went to the Apple Store today and had a look at the new iPods. I was actually quite disappointed. I think the iPod video in Black was the best looking one so far.

ctakim

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2006
I went to the Apple Store today and had a look at the new iPods. I was actually quite disappointed. I think the iPod video in Black was the best looking one so far.

There is no more iPod video, do you mean the iPod Classic?:confused:

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
There is no more iPod video, do you mean the iPod Classic?:confused:

I believe he means the best looking iPod was the black 5.5 gen, whihc looks better than any of the 6 gen or other gen iPods. And I totally agree with him in terms of the iPod classic form factor, the black 5.5 gen was the best in class in terms of that form factor's appearance.

lucifix

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2006
There IS something wrong with the Nano and my product red edition's screen is 1/4 milimetres off balance. It is annoying and it does irritate you if you are watching videos on it.

We aren't the only ones with the problem.
Sorry if I sounded too strongly about this.

Gereald

mosx

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2007
I saw that post at Engadget and checked my iPod nano.

I honestly would have never noticed it if not for that news!

To make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me, I even measured it like someone in that thread over at Apple.

Looks like I'll be calling AppleCare tomorrow to get it replaced.

Guess I'll just have to suck it up and carry my 5.5G 80GB iPod or just use my iPhone for portable music for a few days :rolleyes:

I am kind of disappointed though. I really do love this little thing. A part of me doesn't want to send it back and wants to keep it. But the other part of me is telling me that it was $215 after taxes and it better be perfect out of the box!

newrivertrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2005
I loved my nano too, but I don't think a little quality control is too much to ask. I'm worried that my next one will have the same problem though.

And you got a 5.5g and an iphone, I think you'll manage a few days! :D No, no losing sleep on you.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Mod. note: please don't create multiple threads on the same subject because someone posted negative remarks. If they're serious enough, report them with the triangular-shaped icon which has an exclamation point within it.

Suspended
Jun 11, 2007
I took a look at my black 8gb iPod Nano and sure enough it looks a little bit off center.

Do I care that much? Not really.

The only way you can see it is under light and if you are starring right at it. I am fine with it

mosx

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2007
I took a look at my black 8gb iPod Nano and sure enough it looks a little bit off center.

Do I care that much? Not really.

The only way you can see it is under light and if you are starring right at it. I am fine with it

Thats my problem too.

I can't see it if the light (ambient or room light, not the screen light) isn't on. And even then, I have to be looking for it.

So one part of me isn't sure that I want to go through the hassle of getting it replaced.

But the other part of me, the part that is winning, is telling me that I spent more than $200 on it and it shouldn't have any problems, no matter how minor they may be.

Passante

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2004
on the sofa
Well, I posted this before but some jerks hijacked the thread. Now it seems to be a bigger problem than I first thought. Apparently, large batches of the new nano have shipped out with tilted screens. (Mine was shipped back to Apple and I'm waiting for my new one as we speak)

Here's the engadget article:
http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/16/s...ilted-screens/

And here's the long thread on Apple's website forum:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread....23662&tstart=0

Both links are broken

Suspended
Jun 11, 2007
Thats my problem too.

I can't see it if the light (ambient or room light, not the screen light) isn't on. And even then, I have to be looking for it.

So one part of me isn't sure that I want to go through the hassle of getting it replaced.

But the other part of me, the part that is winning, is telling me that I spent more than $200 on it and it shouldn't have any problems, no matter how minor they may be.
And plus, my store is well sold out of the black 8gb nanos.

The way i see it; it could be worse. $10 says that if I got a new one the next one i get would be more messed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.