Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Booglar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2022
Hi all. Have a functioning (but unboxed) 3rd generation iPod nano, with Coca Cola branding. Was a gift from a friend who was a sales rep for Coke. Was wondering if anyone could tell me if it's worth anything? Many thanks!
16667952925581017926140088251512.jpg

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
Of all the engraved items, I have to say I haven't seen one with the Coca-Cola logo before. That's pretty darn neat. As far as tech goes, it's really worth what anyone is willing to pay. What makes it cooler is that it's not something you could have just walked into a store and bought like the HP or the U2 iPods.

To a savvy Apple enthusiast + Coke collector, this thing may be worth $100 or $200 based on function, condition and battery life. To a normal user, this is a $25-$50 iPod because of the form factor which has kept this as one of the best video-playing iPods. That's really just my take. Like I said; find a crazy Coca-Cola collector who's never seen one, and the sky is the limit. (I once sold expired, limited Oreos on Ebay for $100 on a bet.)

Missed opportunity for Coke; not insisting the front was red! haha

Reactions: Booglar

AF_APPLETALK

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2020
> Coke collector

This hits me at strange - who would actually collect coke things? (yes yes I know those old pinup ads)

But then I remember that I collect computers, which is also strange.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.