Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you like to work on something like this?

• Yee

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

ktg5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2019
I was looking at a post that was 9 years ago on here, and today, I was working on some art for something that is like watchOS about on a iPod Nano.

It's just a idea tho, so yeah.

Attachments

• ipodos.png
    ipodos.png
    439.4 KB · Views: 1,792

ktg5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2019
How would it even run? The hardware for the nano is insanely underpowered.

It would be a custom watchOS for the hardware, with features that could be working with the thing.

ktg5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2019
So basically it would just be a skin for the nano that makes it look like watchOS?

Maybe, but with also some apps that are on watchOS like iMessage or Mail or just something that would be cool to have on the iPod nano.

*Right now i'm looking for my iPod Nano.
[doublepost=1558398612][/doublepost]Like maybe even connecting to your iPhone like normal Apple Watches because the iPods nanos do have Bluetooth.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Maybe, but with also some apps that are on watchOS like iMessage or Mail or just something that would be cool to have on the iPod nano.

[doublepost=1558398612][/doublepost]Like maybe even connecting to your iPhone like normal Apple Watches because the iPods nanos do have Bluetooth.

Cool. Love that nano. Love stuff that clips on a shirt. Hate wristbands...

theapplehead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2018
North Carolina

Not that iPod nano. The only nano with Bluetooth is the 7th gen model. None of the models prior to the 7 support Bluetooth connectivity.

ktg5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2019
Not that iPod nano. The only nano with Bluetooth is the 7th gen model. None of the models prior to the 7 support Bluetooth connectivity.

Oh yeah, right.
[doublepost=1558399319][/doublepost]I haven't got to seen it in sooo long, it might be hiding somewhere in my house.
I'm to reset it when I can, and hopefully the battery works!
[doublepost=1558400249][/doublepost]I also just made a icon for this "project".

Attachments

• ipodos icon.png
    ipodos icon.png
    106.5 KB · Views: 220

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
So just add BT to it and be done with it, keep the shape, love that little clip. Need the wired earbuds for the antenna for FM, keep the audio jack for those occasions, use the BT for sharing audio and making connections for added watch-like features.

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Yeah the only way to connect the Nano to another device is via the 30 pin or headphone jack. I don't think you will be able to interface it with the iPhone at all. Sadly there is not much that can be done to change that

Reactions: theapplehead

ktg5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2019
So just add BT to it and be done with it, keep the shape, love that little clip. Need the wired earbuds for the antenna for FM, keep the audio jack for those occasions, use the BT for sharing audio and making connections for added watch-like features.

Yeah, with BT it would be perfect.

ktg5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2019
Just made this today... I also got my iPod nano, but the power button doesn't work, but it is a "easy" fix.

Attachments

• ipodos2.png
    ipodos2.png
    214.5 KB · Views: 456
Reactions: LilMaxx321

LilMaxx321

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2021
Wow, this is awesome...
And I made this today, it was supposed to be a new gen of the iPod Nano 6, but I guess I got ended up like this:
1639362090871.png

• Love
Reactions: SamRyouji
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.