Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carcarano

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2020
Hi everyone. I have an iPod nano 7th gen, and I accidentally dropped it. Three days later, a white line appeared at the top of the screen. Then 30 seconds later, more white lines started spreading across the screen, then about 1 hour after the first line appeared, the screen went entirely white. I was completely devastated. I am posting this about 2 weeks after it happened. I hope you can help, and thanks in advance.

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
Sounds like the display cable may have jostled loose. Your beat bet would be to follow an I fix it guide to take a peek inside if you feel comfortable doing so.

carcarano

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2020
Sounds like the display cable may have jostled loose. Your beat bet would be to follow an I fix it guide to take a peek inside if you feel comfortable doing so.
Ok. Would you mind posting the link to an iFixit website that might help? Thanks! I'll reply if it works.

carcarano

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2020
Ok. Never mind, I found a link to an iFixit website, but I have to buy parts, so do you have any suggestions for a website that will give me instructions without spending money?
[automerge]1592736648[/automerge]
Fixit website, but I have to buy parts, so do you have any suggestions for a website that will give me instructions without spending money?

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
You shouldn't have to buy parts if the problem is a loose display cable. Is it asking for adhesive?

carcarano

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2020
Ok everyone. Sorry for the late post, I haven’t solved the problem. Update: My iPod Nano 7th gen is a thing of the past now, we tried fixing the display cable and nothing happened, I think it’s the display. Anyway, it’s not coming back to life. Thank you everybody!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.