Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mirojekov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2022
Can I develop an app for my old iPod nano 7 and use it as a micro pad or stream deck for my mac book air? Support for nano is off but it should have some options.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Third parties were never able to develop applications for the iPod nano - you'd have to jail brake the OS (if even possible)

Reactions: Sikh

OneRebertt

Suspended
Apr 17, 2020
As far as I know, no one has developed a loophole in the original firmware (OF) of the iPod Nano 7th gen. If you had an older iPod Nano, then you could install RockBox. RockBox has a feature where you can use the click wheel as a multimedia controller, like playing/pausing music, changing volume, etc.

Reactions: adrianlondon

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
As far as I know, no one has developed a loophole in the original firmware (OF) of the iPod Nano 7th gen. If you had an older iPod Nano, then you could install RockBox. RockBox has a feature where you can use the click wheel as a multimedia controller, like playing/pausing music, changing volume, etc.
I was a huge fan of RockBox. I never used it on an iOS device but on the Sansa players. My first iOS device was a iPod Touch 2G and you could not use RockBox on it. Here is the link.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.