Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TenthDoctor

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2020
Hey, I have a couple questions. I have an iPod nano generation 3 that I have not used in a long time. I would like to start using it again.

I had stopped using it because it no longer charged. I had taken it to the Genius Bar when I was actually in an Apple Store, and the woman who talked to me there tried another cord with it and determined that it could no longer charge, since apparently neither my cord, nor her cord seemed to charge it. Both times she tested it, she had used my wall charger that I had brought with me. I asked her if the problem could possibly be with the wall charger. She told me that was impossible because those hardly ever wear out. She told me I would just have to get a new iPod.

I had just gotten an iPad that day at the Apple Store, and wanted to just make sure that she was correct regarding my iPod being beyond hope. I decided to test my iPod with the wall charger that came with my new iPad. Guess what? It actually charged it, so the issue was with the wall charger.

Anyway, I started using it again. It worked fine. Then I got an iPhone and stopped using it.

Since that time I have gotten a new computer with Catalina on it. Will my iPod Nano connect with the compute’s music app, or do I need to use an old Mac or Windows computer with iTunes running?

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
It should sync just fine with Catalina, just that the UI for it has changed since iTunes days. I believe it's done via the Finder now, for changing the sync settings.

TenthDoctor

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2020
It should sync just fine with Catalina, just that the UI for it has changed since iTunes days. I believe it's done via the Finder now, for changing the sync settings.
Thanks. Good to know. I am charging it now via a wall charger. I will test it on the new computer later.

Reactions: AngerDanger
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.