Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mnslcsb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2017
Hello! My brother has an iPod 5th Gen. He brought it to me and it was in a reboot loop, the apple logo would pop up for about a minute and then the screen would go black and then it would go back to the apple logo. It would not respond to us doing anything, it just would keep rebooting. The laptop that he has all his information backed up onto was not recognizing his iPod. Then I put the iPod in recovery mode and the iTunes symbol came up and the lighting cable. Then I plugged it back into the laptop and it still will not recognize it. That laptop is a pc running windows 7 I think. I then plugged it into my laptop (MacBook Pro 2015) and it recognized it. I think I need to reset it but I'm afraid to do it on my laptop because none of his information and stuff in on it. We tried to update the drivers on the windows 7 laptop with all of his stuff on it but when we tried, 'iPod' never came up, only 'Apple Device Recovery Mode' or something like that. Also, he hasn't backed up any of his pictures in a long time he told me. I checked and about 350 pictures are on the computer but he says he has about 1,200. Is there anyway we can save those. Any help will be appreciated, he has been stressing out and very worried about this for 3 days. Thank you so much! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.