Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pähkinä

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2019
I have my mom's old ipod (which hasn't worked for about 14 years). I plugged it in and it immediately showed the Apple logo and started clicking and whirring. Then it showed a sad ipod screen and after that, it flashed the battery icon. The cycle repeated over and over again until i detached the power cable. Then it went to the Apple logo screen and after that, it showed a picture of a folder and turned off. When i pressed the select button it would repeat that cycle. I did the both HDD tests in the diagnostics mode and they passed. I did the iram (lram?) Test and it passed too and it said that "HIT PLAY/PAUSE TO RESET" and i pressed the play/pause button. It went to the Apple logo and this time it didn't start clicking and it booted to the menu screen but it would update the frame once a minute. It started clicking again and completely froze when i put it to charge. Help, please.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.