Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ahtnamas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2003
I just bought an ipod and it just got delivered to my house last Tuesday. I hooked it up to my computer (a PC), and transfered my music files. I used it and it was fine. Then I wanted to hook it up again because I got some more music, and when I hooked it up to the dock it responded as usual but told me I needed a software update. I did the update and it told me to disconnect my ipod so I did. After that, it showed what looked like the cord that goes into the bottom of the ipod/on the dock with an arrow. then it just shut off. I tried to put it back on the dock and it did the same thing. After showing this picture/icon, it just shut off. I tried to reset it and it did reset but instead of showing the apple icon it would show the little cord thing and shut off again. I did this about 5 times. i tried to hook it up to the charger and that did nothing. eventually, it didn't show anything on the screen at all. it made a tiny noise when i reset like usual but it doens't do that anymore. if i hook it up to my computer it says 'USB device not responding' and it can't sense the ipod. charging it does nothing. the ipod does not get hot. i still have the warranty but I don't want to send it back unless I really have to. i don't know how long it will take. i tried to let it sit disconnected for 24 hours and then charging it again and trying to reset but that also did nothing. i tried everything that apple said to try. the computer won't sense it. it's the ipod, not the computer, because the charger doesn't work either. does anybody have any advice? it would be really appreciated.

thanks..
-me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.