Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slix

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Hey everyone.

I've posted in the past about issues with the 1st gen shuffle interacting properly with iTunes on Mojave. I recently got a new Mac and upgraded to Sonoma and since then, it seems that the iPod functionality has been alright. Sometimes I have to go into Activity Monitor and kill the "amp" processes, but eventually my iPods seem to sync. Some don't properly sync album art 100% of the time, and sometimes it takes a little longer than it should (and did with iTunes) to start the sync. But anyway, my question today is: Has anyone used a 1st generation iPod shuffle with the Finder on Sonoma (or previous Finder-sync-based macOS versions)? I connected mine, and it seems to show up ok, and I can press sync, but nowhere can I change what playlists are synced! This iPod was unique in that it used "AutoFill" back in iTunes to get random songs from a selected playlist to sync to it. However, here it seems there are no sync options at all, so I can't get any music onto it. Any advice or suggestions or feedback #s that have been filed with Apple would be appreciated!

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 11.25.39 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.