Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WannabeSQ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2002
I went with an iPod Mini over a shuffle, I just couldn't pass up the price/capacity ratio. I do however miss the autoload option, and would like to make some sort of playlist to emulate a shuffle. I know I can use smart playlists to create a random list of songs, but how do I get it to change every time I sync the iPod?

Any other ideas on this? Or should I just buy a shuffle as well? Then i'd have my own iPod family, I also have a 40GB 4G model, which soon will be warrantied to be a 60GB iPod Photo...

WannabeSQ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2002
There's gotta be some way to make a custom smart playlist that changes every time the iPod docks, then syncs with all new songs. Any ideas?

pgc6000

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2004
I went with the mini over the shuffle too, but doesn't it come with a shuffle feature?

WannabeSQ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2002
watcher2001 said:
I am new to the ipod world so you may be able to help me out. What I want is to be able to make my playlists shuffle. Right now they just play inline.

In the settings menu there is an option to shuffle the songs, and also on the main menu of the iPod there is a "shuffle songs" selection

I was referring to a playlist that works like the shuffle does, randomly loading songs upon each syncronization. My 40gig holds my whole collection, but I would like a playlist that has a few hundred songs that keep randomizing. I set up a playlist that picks random songs, but I don't know how to trigger it to re pick the songs every time I plug in the iPod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.