Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
I have a 32GB 1G iPod Touch and I'd like to downgrade it to 2.2.1, as I think OS3 is having issues operating with my Ford's Sync system.

I managed to downgrade to 3.0 by simply putting the iPod into DFU mode and loading up a OS3 firmware file I got from the 'net, but the 2.2.1 firmware causes either a Error 1600 or Error 20, depending on whether I restore it in DFU mode or not.

Any suggestions?

Nick1776

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2011
Poor product quality and support

Sorry Scott90 you are wrong, they did make a 32GB version 1st Generation, because I have one myself. Check your facts, they were very expensive so you probably did not see them a much. As far as i can tell everyone is having issues with 3.x.x versions, I have been fighting mine for about 8 months now, they have problems with volume controls not working and disappearing. I think this is Apples crude way of getting you to upgrade. They are not supporting them like they should, no one can seem to get any support on them since the last update. I probably wont be buying any more Apple products. I also have a 16GB Iphone 3g, it works fine for now, but who knows soon, maybe an expensive paper weight after future updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.