Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Juantjie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2016
I've got a nice challenge for you guys.

I have an iPod Touch 1st gen which ha sa lot of music which I would like to transfer to my PC. I haven't used this thing in a couple of years, which means I have a few problems:

Its battery doesn't work at all. The only way I can boot it up is with a charger; any USB cable doesn't provide enough power, regardless where I plug it in (the charger which works uses 13V). So transfer via USB won't work.

The only apps which work is the app store, stock apps and Cydia. WiFi works. I wanted to install OpenSHH, but Cydia can't work as it can't find a secure source apparently. Wanted to use WinSCP with root alpine method but as I can't install OpenSHH, that's not an option. It's almost impossible to install any app from the app store as the version on this is 3.1.3.

So now I've only got these things to work with: Any helps or suggestions at all? I REALLY want all my music from this device!!

Thanks, Juan :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.