Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brokenbuyer

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2011
Was downloading Springtomize I believe,I then restarted Springboard and it took around 10mins and still nothing. So then I held power home to turn it on again. Still nothing. I think I am on my 5th time, and it's been 30mins. And now it shows the spinning wheel.

I heard somewhere that I can plug it into the computer, open iTunes, and then leave it for 10-15mins and it'll be fine? I'll try that.

EDIT:

So I've left it plugged and iTunes is open. Screen is still showing the Apple logo with the spinning circle but now it's showing "Syncing "iPod Touch" (Step 1 of 5). Hopefully this is a good sign?

EDIT 2:

Screen went darker and then iTunes lost connection with it (not showing). This happened when it was doing the Sync scanning bar. Oh boy...

EDIT 3:

Guess it's just a cycle. It connects, backs up hardly anything, goes to sync, disconnect. Then screen goes dark. Rinse, repeat.

Help anyone?

Last edited:

alexpotter

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2011
/Users
I'm not sure whether this would work, but try and put your iPod into Recovery Mode (take out the dock connector, turn it off, plug in and hold home while plugging in) and see if you can restore from there.

brokenbuyer

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2011
I want restoring to be my last resort as I haven't synced/backed up in awhile, thus I would lose A LOT of stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.