Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrEnalg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
East Bay, CA
So, I have an iPod Touch 3G (model MC008LL), currently running iOS 4.3. Did not get a chance to save SHSH blobs for 4.3.

My understanding is that if I want to JB, I should upgrade to 4.3.3 (and then save SHSH blobs before JB, of course). Problem - I go to iTunes and attempt to update or restore to 4.3.3, and I get the "your device is not eligible for the requested build" error.

I have previously altered the etc/hosts file to point to Saurik's server - I've previously JB my AppleTV2G with no problems, so I'm not unfamiliar with the process.

Do I need to change the etc/hosts file again (e.g., point it back to the apple server) in order to do the restore / update to 4.3.3 (that shouldn't be, should it)? Is my iPod Touch *actually* "eligible"? What's going on?

Any advice appreciated.

DrEnalg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
East Bay, CA
So, I have an iPod Touch 3G (model MC008LL), currently running iOS 4.3. Did not get a chance to save SHSH blobs for 4.3.

My understanding is that if I want to JB, I should upgrade to 4.3.3 (and then save SHSH blobs before JB, of course). Problem - I go to iTunes and attempt to update or restore to 4.3.3, and I get the "your device is not eligible for the requested build" error.

I have previously altered the etc/hosts file to point to Saurik's server - I've previously JB my AppleTV2G with no problems, so I'm not unfamiliar with the process.

Do I need to change the etc/hosts file again (e.g., point it back to the apple server) in order to do the restore / update to 4.3.3 (that shouldn't be, should it)? Is my iPod Touch *actually* "eligible"? What's going on?

Any advice appreciated.

Never mind. Needs the # before the IP address, I found out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.