Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anish2052

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
I just bought an iPod touch 4G(4.2.1) last week. Its a MC544 model
I tried to jb it using redsnow 0.9.6b4 but all i got was a blank cydia and a lost Safari. Then i decided to reset all contents and settings . After it finished, all my default apps, including Music, Photos, Settings, Facetime,all were gone!!!!!
Then i tried to restore it with ios 4.1 but an unknown error occured(3194)....someone help me out................i m in a big problem

applemike

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
I just bought an iPod touch 4G(4.2.1) last week. Its a MC544 model
I tried to jb it using redsnow 0.9.6b4 but all i got was a blank cydia and a lost Safari. Then i decided to reset all contents and settings . After it finished, all my default apps, including Music, Photos, Settings, Facetime,all were gone!!!!!
Then i tried to restore it with ios 4.1 but an unknown error occured(3194)....someone help me out................i m in a big problem

You wont be able to restore to iOS 4.1 since the iPod never had that firmware on it. you can only downgrade to firmware that has been on it before. so you could only restore to factory 4.2.1.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
I would take it back to the Apple store. This happened to me with my 1st gen iPod Touch. Even after trying to restore it.

TJRiver

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2009
I would take it back to the Apple store. This happened to me with my 1st gen iPod Touch. Even after trying to restore it.

So, you brick your iPod by trying to jailbreak it and then expect Apple to bail you out when the jailbreak fails.......

Best of luck with that one:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.