Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Manikstor

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
i had this generic car charger that worked for my ipod touch 1st gen and now i plugged into my ipod touch 4G running latest IOS and it tells me the accessorie is not compatible, why? it worked perfect with my 1gen

what car charger can i get for my ipod touch 4g besides the legit apple brand which is expensive

corry20

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2006
i had this generic car charger that worked for my ipod touch 1st gen and now i plugged into my ipod touch 4G running latest IOS and it tells me the accessorie is not compatible, why? it worked perfect with my 1gen

what car charger can i get for my ipod touch 4g besides the legit apple brand which is expensive

I'm using the Scosche revamp for my Ipod Touch 4g it works with every model and is about 13dollars.It's really durable and works great.

ghostshadow

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2006
Indianapolis
I use a charger with a USB adapter on it so I can plug right into it. Actually I use my iTrip most because it has a USB on it so I can just plug the iPod cable directly into it.

Some of the older accessories won't work because Apple changed the pin layout. I know the Scion XD and other in car iPod controls won't charge the touch either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.