Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macnerdiac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
Does anyone know of any companies making new cases to fit the size of the new ipod touch 4G?:confused:

patrickdunn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Does anybody know how it will fit in a last gen case?

I have the new iPod Touch, but I am looking for a temporary solution until stores recieve the new cases.

elrock

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2010
I am looking for a cheap, simple case with a clip to wear on my gym clothes when I am exercising. I'm not interested in an armband contraption. If you come across any such case/clip combos, please share. Thanks.

kelving525

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
NYC
I'm so excited for Belkin Grip Vue since I love that case for my 3G. I will most likely end up getting that. However, all the other cases look fairly cool, too. Decision, decision! :)

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
I'm looking for a sturdy one so I can let the six year old play games. It needs to be something Indiana Jones could climb into and survive a nuclear blast.

Just to get anything I ordered a $1 US case from Hong Kong but I'll keep checking this thread. I put a $1 Hong Kong case on our work on-call iPhone4 until the free Belkin PixelSkin HD comes in. Better than nothing and not much worse than some other higher priced silicone cases.

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=46023

That one looks decent. It's also on amazon in black or blue and comes with a screen protector, but does not have free shipping (~$6 for shipping).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=159BBYV8FRJJCKH8WBHH (Includes Mirror Screen Protector)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=159BBYV8FRJJCKH8WBHH (Includes Clear Screen Protector)

I'm currently holding off for a case that protects more than just the back.

cityathrt

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2010
Gelaskins has just posted their iPt4 cases, unfortunately, they're not covering the bottom dock area and the top buttons area. :( Invisible shield here I come..

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
Does anybody know how it will fit in a last gen case?

I have the new iPod Touch, but I am looking for a temporary solution until stores recieve the new cases.
Well, I think the new one is thinner; 9-7, right? If you're looking for something temporary I would suggest a cheap generic case from eBay.

No Switcheasy? :(:(:(

rbf1138

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Damn, I called my Best Buy and they claimed no cases were in yet. It also doesn't show as being available at any best buy online yet, including in delaware. i guess ill just go over there tomorrow anyway.

MicroByte

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
I got Night Sky (very dark blue).

Man, I would have picked that one up immediately! I cannot believe those were the only 3 colors mine had, I'm gonna try the other BB tomorrow.

So how do you like it? Does it seem like it would last?

chutch15

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2007
PA
I really like it. It fits well and I like the material. It provides a good grip, slides nicely into my pocket, but doesn't slide around in my car when I place it on my center console.

I searched for the Belkin case on BestBuy.com then clicked Find in Store. The Concord Pike store was the only one within 30 min of me that showed it as in stock. However, I just did it again and it says differently. I was there at 3:30pm today and I'm sure they didn't have a rush on them this afternoon. There were a lot there of each color. I'd suggest running over there tomorrow. They are on the iPod Accessory rack near the front of the store on the far right side.

MicroByte

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
I really like it. It fits well and I like the material. It provides a good grip, slides nicely into my pocket, but doesn't slide around in my car when I place it on my center console.

I searched for the Belkin case on BestBuy.com then clicked Find in Store. The Concord Pike store was the only one within 30 min of me that showed it as in stock. However, I just did it again and it says differently. I was there at 3:30pm today and I'm sure they didn't have a rush on them this afternoon. There were a lot there of each color. I'd suggest running over there tomorrow. They are on the iPod Accessory rack near the front of the store on the far right side.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up with searching the site. I had actually gone there as well as other sites and didn't find much. They are marked NEW so they must have just added them.

IT's too bad they don't have black, but I really like that Night Sky one. Is it dark purple or dark blue? I saw you had said very dark blue, but as aznguyen316 mentioned, it looks purple on their site.

I don't think it's at any of the stores near me. All of the ones I saw today at the store I visited are marked as available, but the Night Sky shows ship to store (3 - 5 days). I'm still going to go tomorrow though.

Any chance for some pictures?

chutch15

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2007
PA
The photos on the BestBuy and Belkin websites are pretty good as far as fit and shine, but they do show the color as way too light and much too purpley. It's much darker and much closer to midnight blue than violet. It certain light there is a very slight violet hue, but it's a very cool deep color.

Here is the best I can do for a photo right now...
nightsky.jpg

MicroByte

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
The photos on the BestBuy and Belkin websites are pretty good as far as fit and shine, but they do show the color as way too light and much too purpley. It's much darker and much closer to midnight blue than violet. It certain light there is a very slight violet hue, but it's a very cool deep color.

Without sunlight, any photos I posted would have either been too dark (showing the case as black) or too washed out with lamp light or flash.

Understood. Thanks for the heads up and impressions, I'll be on the hunt for one now!

chutch15

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2007
PA
MicroByte - Sorry. I edited my post since you replied. I added a pic just for the heck of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.