Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DonohoMD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Is anyone using a bluetooth headset with their 4th Gen iPod Touch? Which models work?

I am looking to use it for some Ustreaming and it would be ideal if I could use the mic from a bluetooth headset to provide the audio.

It seems like most of the questions around the forums are for older generations and was surprised to find very little information on the topic.

kennyfool

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2011
I use a cheapy old bluetooth that I got at a local electronic discount store for $20 it works fine. I used it on a VoIp app that I have.. only problem is that the voice gets delayed for a few seconds and it can be choppy at times.

Takoda

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I believe just about any Bluetooth headset should work, I have used a Sony PS3 headset with my iPod and it performed very well, meaning I saw no latency issues. So just about any should work, I believe it would be a lot better for your Ustreaming than the built-in mic on the iPod.

Good luck with your Ustreaming!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.