Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

classie787

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
I just bought a case + screen protector for my iPod Touch...it was a Riot brand case. The case is attractive, but is kind of annoying that I have to take part of it off to sync the device.

But my main complaint (and this is due to my inability I'm sure) is the screen protector. Putting it on, I got many bubbles. Repeatedly trying to take it off, the sticky side eventually became caked with small fibers/hair, etc. It looks pretty bad. Are there any screen protectors that are...I dunno...like a thin glass or something, if that's even possible? As in, something that wouldn't get bubbles? Something that isn't sticky that won't be a magnet for dust/hairs, etc? The screen is just so beautiful I hate to wreck it, but want to enjoy it, too!

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
if you have bubbles, it's because:

1. the screen protector is crap
2. you didn't install it correctly

i personally like invisishield. i have it on my ipod touch and ipad.

classie787

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
As the title said, "for a moron." I just noticed I accidentally placed this in the iPad Accessories forum. My bad. Any moderators willing to move this thread, or is there any way that I can myself?

My screen protector may very well be crap; I opted not to spend the money of the Zagg because I heard so many people complain that it is difficult to apply and if you mess up, it's a costly replacement.

87vert

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
As the title said, "for a moron." I just noticed I accidentally placed this in the iPad Accessories forum. My bad. Any moderators willing to move this thread, or is there any way that I can myself?

My screen protector may very well be crap; I opted not to spend the money of the Zagg because I heard so many people complain that it is difficult to apply and if you mess up, it's a costly replacement.

I like the Zagg shields. If you screw it up just submit for a warranty replacment saying your device was replaced. Costs $2.99 for a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.