Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vincenzo79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2016
Rome, Italy
Hello,
I have a iPod Touch 5 generation, that I use for development that currently has installed in its internal version 7.0.4 of IOS. I wish I could update but I would like to update to version 9.2.1, because I'm afraid of the performance.
I would like to then update to version 8.4.1, but I am afraid that is not possible, because I believe that Apple closed the signatures to that version.
Is there a way to still be able to install the version 8.4.1 on the iPod ?
Thanks,
Vincenzo

27 others

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2015
Hello,
I have a iPod Touch 5 generation, that I use for development that currently has installed in its internal version 7.0.4 of IOS. I wish I could update but I would like to update to version 9.2.1, because I'm afraid of the performance.
I would like to then update to version 8.4.1, but I am afraid that is not possible, because I believe that Apple closed the signatures to that version.
Is there a way to still be able to install the version 8.4.1 on the iPod ?
Thanks,
Vincenzo
My understanding is that you take a big hit with 8.4 and that this is slightly improved with 9. I have been keeping my 5 at 7.0.4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.