Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prophet1962

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2022
I have an IPod Touch 7 that is stuck in update/recovery mode. Background: I am using Windows 10, ITunes for Windows. 2 days ago I tried to update my device on ITunes and for some reason my IPod touch got stuck in update mode and then I got an error that said your device can’t be updated do you want to recover? I said no and canceled the update and now I’m stuck on the recovery screen. The same thing happened about a year ago and Apple ended up replacing my device. And believe me when I say I have tried everything except 3rd party software to exit the recovery mode. I’ve tried home/power button combinations, volume/home button combinations, ITunes recovery, I have uninstalled ITunes, reset ITunes, repaired ITunes, started and restarted Windows, ITunes, restore from backup from ICloud, etc. Any suggestions at all? Apple charged me $130 to replace last time. Also I will never update in ITunes again.

sanjaypasari

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2022
I have an IPod Touch 7 that is stuck in update/recovery mode. Background: I am using Windows 10, ITunes for Windows. 2 days ago I tried to update my device on ITunes and for some reason my IPod touch got stuck in update mode and then I got an error that said your device can’t be updated do you want to recover? I said no and canceled the update and now I’m stuck on the recovery screen. The same thing happened about a year ago and Apple ended up replacing my device. And believe me when I say I have tried everything except 3rd party software to exit the recovery mode. I’ve tried home/power button combinations, volume/home button combinations, ITunes recovery, I have uninstalled ITunes, reset ITunes, repaired ITunes, started and restarted Windows, ITunes, restore from backup from ICloud, etc. Any suggestions at all? Apple charged me $130 to replace last time. Also I will never update in ITunes again.
Same error I am facing

GMShadow

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2021
Are you using the *current* iTunes for Windows, or the old iOS app-supporting version? It should be 12.12.6.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.