Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
EDIT: you can disregard this question, I just saw that the iPod touch Deons't have Touch ID, so I'd have to type in a passcode every time. I'll stick with an iPhone.

Question for those of you that still use an iPod touch 7th gen. How is the battery life? I use my Apple Watch when I cycle, but purchased a rear light/radar combo that alerts me when cars are coming behind me. I could link that to either an iPhone or a Garmin cycle computer. I don't really want a cycle computer as I use my watch to pull in all that data. I linked kit to an old iPhone SE (1st Gen) and it worked ok, but the battery life on the iPhone was terrible (old battery, etc). I've since connected it to my iPhone 13 mini, which works ok, but then I have my phone with me & I like to ride without notifications popping up all the time. I was thinking of picking up a 7th Gen iPod and just using it with the Garmin Varia software to get my traffic alerts, but since it's not connected to anything (and I don't have my calendar, etc on it) so it's a less intrusive device. I had an old iPod (touch, but I don't remember the generation) & remember the battery life as being really poor, even when it was new. Curious if the 7th gen was more robust.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

RogerEkman

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2023
I have been using my iPod touch 7th gen for quite some time now and I have to say, I am really impressed with the battery life. I have not experienced any significant decrease in battery performance over the years, and even when I use it for cycling, it holds up well. I highly recommend it as a standalone device for receiving notifications and alerts, without having to constantly check my phone. Overall, the battery life has exceeded my expectations and I am extremely satisfied with its performance.

Reactions: MBAir2010 and mk313

mk313

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
I have been using my iPod touch 7th gen for quite some time now and I have to say, I am really impressed with the battery life. I have not experienced any significant decrease in battery performance over the years, and even when I use it for cycling, it holds up well. I highly recommend it as a standalone device for receiving notifications and alerts, without having to constantly check my phone. Overall, the battery life has exceeded my expectations and I am extremely satisfied with its performance.
thank you, that is great feedback. I appreciate it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.