Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamman41

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
are there any cases out there like ive seen for the iphone where on the back it has a place to wrap your headphones around nicely?

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Some are using invis shields or apple socks or silicone cases.

Some are using other stuff that they have d.i.y 'd to fit.

I use the velvet pouch that came with the lg choc cellfone.

The front itself is very scratch resistant.

Its the back that shows up more.

Ive read some are actually using those green scourers used for cleaning pans to add swirly patterns to it.

The plastic protector that comes on the front are being re used on the back !

Enjoy the machine........................................... :apple:

hughfan

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2007
Cases for the iPod Touch are scarce, most of the usual manufacturers haven't hit the market yet. I've stopped at the Apple store the last four weekends and the standard answer to "when?" is "I don't know". Yesterday I saw the first case in the Apple store - a bright pink neoprene one by InCase that had a belt clip on the back. When I asked about others, I was told that they had had a black leather InCase, but it had quickly sold out.

I'm actually waiting for one of Griffin's cases - either the Elan or iClear. In the meantime, I'm treating my Touch with kid gloves - I used a plastic screen protector on the back, I store it in an iPod Sock and put that inside a padded zipper case. I don't want major scratches on the chrome back, and while the front is supposedly scratch-proof, I want a substantial enough case to protect the whole thing in the event I'm a klutz and drop it.

There are LOTS of cases for the iPhone, so I guess patience is the key.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.