Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
my brother got an ipod touch for christmas. it will not play sound thru any headphones or speakers, but it will play in my truck - i have a cable to the stereo that connects to the dock of the ipod.

any ideas?

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
my brother got an ipod touch for christmas. it will not play sound thru any headphones or speakers, but it will play in my truck - i have a cable to the stereo that connects to the dock of the ipod.

any ideas?

Probably the jack itself. My 5.5G iPod had the same problem (except it died slowly; one earphone stopped putting out sound, and soon, the other) Got it replaced for free by Apple, (just 3 days before the end of the warranty too:)) and I think this is what you should do.

TurboSC

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2007
California
yea sounds like a manufacturer defect. Just bring it into Apple and they'll replace it... or wherever you bought it from :)

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong

Probably the jack itself. My 5.5G iPod had the same problem (except it died slowly; one earphone stopped putting out sound, and soon, the other) Got it replaced for free by Apple, (just 3 days before the end of the warranty too:)) and I think this is what you should do.

yea sounds like a manufacturer defect. Just bring it into Apple and they'll replace it... or wherever you bought it from :)

thanks guys. that was the plan, but just checking to see if there's anything i could try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.