Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bertomactic

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Santa Ana
Does anyone remember how to change the orientation on an
iPod touch (2nd generation)

Navigation: Multi-Touch display

Model numbers and dates introduced: A1288,

I still use it when I go running but sometimes it changes orientation when I run and when that happens the music stops or skips to the next song.

Thanks
AAO

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
Do you have shake to shuffle turned on? If the screen is off, that would avoid songs changing too. These iPods do not have portrait orientation lock. That feature came in iOS 4 but was limited to iOS devices that supported multitasking.

bertomactic

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Santa Ana
Do you have shake to shuffle turned on? If the screen is off, that would avoid songs changing too. These iPods do not have portrait orientation lock. That feature came in iOS 4 but was limited to iOS devices that supported multitasking.
Thanks for responding. Sorry I took so long to get back. What is shake to shuffle ?? I have had this iPod for many years and it still has lot of great music but it only has the mention issues when I run with it. So that may mena the shakwe to shuffle feature is on? How do i turn it off?

Albert O>

bertomactic

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Santa Ana
Thanks for responding. Sorry I took so long to get back. What is shake to shuffle ?? I have had this iPod for many years and it still has lot of great music but it only has the mention issues when I run with it. So that may mena the shakwe to shuffle feature is on? How do i turn it off?

Albert O>
Hey I just found the shake to shuffle on/off control and it was set to ON. I set it to OFF.
It was under Settings/Music/ Shake to Shuffle. I will let you know how its goes next time i go jogging!!!!

Albert 0)

Reactions: MBAir2010 and Slix
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.