Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShanePod

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Canada
Anyone have any ideas things you can use to substitute an official iPod Touch sleeve or case?

So far i've only though of using the sleeve my PSP came in and possibly my old Palm pilot case. My iPod's still in the process of being shipped but i'll have it soon to try out many other sleeve and case alternatives.

Britblogger

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2007
Anyone have any ideas things you can use to substitute an official iPod Touch sleeve or case?

So far i've only though of using the sleeve my PSP came in and possibly my old Palm pilot case. My iPod's still in the process of being shipped but i'll have it soon to try out many other sleeve and case alternatives.

incipio sleeves are perfect.

http://www.myincipio.com/category/0_apple_iphone_cases_accessories.cases.orion_case/

I have the black one - gorgeous fit, luxurious and sturdy leather, super soft interior.

not back for $16 [on Amazon].

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
The sleeve for the ipod 5gen works just fine for me. I also picked up a Griffin Streamline for iPod case, it is an arm band thing, and the ipod fits perfectly in there, and it has a full screen protection and you are still able to use the screen, I use this at work and it works well! The plastic on the front of it for the screen sticks to the screen (creates suction) so the ipod is almost impossible to get out right way (good thing so it won't just fall out. I recommend this case...

Football1maniac

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
I...use a sock. Literally a sock. I put my iPod touch in the sock (amazing product, and i didnt have to pay for it) when i need it in my pocket:p:apple::D

sparsk

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2007
I ordered the "Black Classic" sleeve from fabrixcases

They have many choices and very cheap shipping (1$) although it's not too fast (12-15 days). It seems to be very good quality, not too bulky and good protection for my new fingerprint magnet.

joshi3joshi

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
if you previously have had an ipod video, the soft sleeve it came with is perfect for the ipod touch. i am using it currently.

vanzskater272

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2006

They have many choices and very cheap shipping (1$) although it's not too fast (12-15 days). It seems to be very good quality, not too bulky and good protection for my new fingerprint magnet.

How did you like it? Im probably gonna get the Candy Stripes for my touch. It looks awasome. Is the inside really soft?

Antimatter

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2007
I'm going to use the sleeve that came with my Zune if I ever get my iPod Touch:(. Ordered from Amazon, but I think i'm gonna cancel and pick one up at best buy.

sparsk

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2007
How did you like it?

Sorry, I can't answer your questions yet. I'm still waiting for the case and the touch. I ordered the case about two weeks after the ipod, but I wouldn't be surprised if I got the case first.

Judging from the pics, it seems to offer much better protection than the ipod video sleeve or the suede jacket by Waterfield (which I also considered).

EDIT: Cool choice by the way. I actually bought my case so I could hide my ipod from sight...

Scenicroadways

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2004
I thought about getting a case, but the whole reason i love using the touch is because of how slick it is. I dont want to hide its beauty with a case. I am just going to use mine and enjoy it

Cloudane

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Sweet Apple Acres
I'm using the case off a Dell Axim X51v PDA until some Touch-specific cases are available here! (UK)

It's a bit big, but they've used some pretty tight elastic so it holds it in place.

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
I use the Oakley sunglass bag, the big one.
Funny, I use the same thing. I use my sunglasses case, a perfect fit for my iPod, a wipe pad, and my earphones. I also use my old temporary CD case, a pants pocket of really soft pants that I had tear on me a few months back :) It doesn't leave any scratches!

By the way, you can buy the sunglasses case (a soft bag) for like $3. The bag is soft enough to clean your iPod (actually, mine has printed on the inside "Clean your glasses with this!"), so it's pretty useful.

Here is an example, but you can buy these from any glasses store or from Walmart.

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut

I ordered the 'Jet Black Corduroy' one from them (has not arrived yet). I like slim pouch-style cases for my iPods. Protects it from scratches, but easy to take out and use/admire as it was originally designed. I've never really understood the point of having a beautifully designed iPod and then to permanently cover it in some thick & clunky carrying case.

Anyway, another site for European peoples to look at for pouch-style cases is Burning Love.

I ordered the grey wool 'Bavaria' case I use on my old iPod from them several years ago and love it, but it doesn't appear they ship to the US anymore...though they don't have an english version of their site anymore either, so it's hard for me to tell...

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
size of case

I ordered the 'Jet Black Corduroy' one from them (has not arrived yet). I like slim pouch-style cases for my iPods. Protects it from scratches, but easy to take out and use/admire as it was originally designed. I've never really understood the point of having a beautifully designed iPod and then to permanently cover it in some thick & clunky carrying case.

Anyway, another site for European peoples to look at for pouch-style cases is Burning Love.

I ordered the grey wool 'Bavaria' case I use on my old iPod from them several years ago and love it, but it doesn't appear they ship to the US anymore...though they don't have an english version of their site anymore either, so it's hard for me to tell...

I love those cases. The fabric ones where you ordered yours from. BUT did you confirm that they make one specifically for the Touch? I contacted them last week. She told me that the case for the iPod Touch is the same as the iPhone. I told her there is no way an iPhone case like this will work well for a Touch. The Touch is MUCH thinner and a tad wider. She just said they are simple cases. But when you look at the sight, they are all about a perfect fit. So i'm confused when them. I just wrote them again abou the sizing to make sure they do in fact make one now for the Touch. I hope they do because i love them. Their site does look different now, so maybe they did make one JUST for the Touch. Then i'll order it.

EDIT: Fabrix contacted me and now they are availabe for the Touch. Fit just for them.

Rookie1986

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
I like the cases on VajaCases.com they don’t offer an iPod Touch case just yet but if they make something like the iPhone ones then I will be mighty tempted!

I also like the look of the cases on iSkin.com, shame the touch case isn’t as cool looking as the iPhone one but as long as they offer something like the clip that’s available for the revo case then I would also consider one of there cases

I'm sure over the next few weeks we will see loads of other nice and cool looking cases immerge, along with the poor quality ones/fakes from china on eBay :p

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
I hate cases, but for carrying around in my pocket, I found the following:
http://www.sfbags.com/products/ipodsuedejacket/ipodsuedejacket.htm
ipod-sj-ihalfout-md.jpg

Keeps it scratch free, and the price is right.

wilmor42

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2005
UK
i just use one of my spare ipod socks.. they're great
they're also handy for carying my casio exilim camera.. and my mobile phone for that matter.. nice and simple-oh and i still havent taken off the protective film that was on it when i got it out of the box-am i being too over protective? do they scratch easily??

Windleaf2

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2007
I am useing a small zipper case that my Razor ear phones came in. it's perfect size for the touch plus it has compartments for the ear phone and the little plastic stand for the touch, fits in shirt pocket without much bulk.

Being able to carry it all without searching for my ear phones is a plus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.