Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jethro!

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2015
I recently updated my iPod Touch 7th gen. to OS15.5 (because it kept bugging me).
After the update there is a very noticeable delay when playing music, the time from pressing PLAY to the song actually starting to play. Takes anywhere from 5-10 seconds. Very annoying. iPod is only 1/2 full.

Anyone else seen this? Or know how what's wrong?

Saturn007

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
While I left my iPod touch on iOS 12.5.5, it's this type of disastrous impact that makes leery of updating!

Have you tried backing up and, then, restoring it as a brand new IPT? You could manually download your apps afterwards -- but only the ones you really need -- and then tweak settings back to your preferences.

I'd recommend doing a backup via iMazing, too, as it might save more things if you did want to restore from a backup.

All of this is why Apple should always permit us to roll our devices back to whatever previous iOS we choose to. Now, there's something the EU should investigate, too!

• Haha
Reactions: GMShadow
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.