Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toonz diggler

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
I am looking to get my girlfriend the ipod touch for christmas. i want to get her the docking speaker set up. What do you suggest, besides a Bose system. Thanks

ClassicMac247

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2007
Brick, NJ
Are you looking for strictly a docking station? My set up is an old apple dock from 1st gen iPod with usb/ firewire connectivity, and a line to altec lansing speakers from walmart, they were 25 dollars and well worth it! The bass is amazing, the ipod touch matches the look of the speakers, its a great in expensive idea that kicks bose's a$$ anyday!:D:apple:

Hello.there

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
Couch
I bought this JBL speaker system a couple of years ago and the sound is amazing - loud, bassy, perfect. I'd trust any of their systems now - no, I don't work for them :).

Jack Flash

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2007
I recommend a Universal Dock running line-out to Kilpsch Promedia 2.1 speakers.

It will sound much better than a portable set, however, it is significantly more expensive.

Hello.there

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
Couch
do you know if it would work with the new touch??

Works perfectly, my iPod Touch arrived today and I checked it out with the speakers - sounds stupendous :)

PS It's on sale at Amazon for $130.

Another PS Ooooh, the newer one looks even better....and it's black. :cool: ($124 at Amazon)

51OOvl0Jj7L._SS500_.jpg

Full JBL range here on their own site and here at Apple.com.

joeliethegoalie

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2007
boulder,co
I've been using the JBL On Tour for a few years now and am very happy with it. Sturdy, stowable and great sound. Will work with anything you can attach a mini-jack to (including the Touch, your laptop, etc.).

It's currently on Amazon for about $75.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.