Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Riviera122

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
Hi all,

Just bought an 80GB iPod Video however I can't find a pouch case for it. I prefer them to silicone wraps because I like to be able to use the device as intended whilst protecting it when not in use.

Does anyone know where I can find a pouch that fits the 80GB? Heck, even the super-rare originals that came with the device I'd be interested in.

Thanks!

Riviera122

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
Justin-

While not designed as a iPod case, this case should work as it is a slip case and will do what you want.

iPhone Slip Case

There are not too many folks left making pure iPod cases anymore as the iPhone killed that market, but I believe this case will work for you as it's designed to hold the 6+ so it should have enough room for your 60g.

Good luck in your search!

Indeed - in a way it's a shame! Did you mean 80GB? The 60GB iPod was thinner.

Deane2000

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2014
Southern California
Sorry, yes I meant your 80G. Seeing that the case I recommended is for the iPhone 6+ I would think it would allow for the thicker 80g iPod. If you call them you can speak to the guy that designs all their products and he can walk you through the fit. It's worth a shot if you're coming up empty on other options.

Riviera122

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
Sorry, yes I meant your 80G. Seeing that the case I recommended is for the iPhone 6+ I would think it would allow for the thicker 80g iPod. If you call them you can speak to the guy that designs all their products and he can walk you through the fit. It's worth a shot if you're coming up empty on other options.

Great, thanks. I managed to find a cloth pouch for a 3GS that fits my iPod well.

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
Edit: NVM, I somehow missed the post about the 3GS pouch, derp. My bad.

@Justin122, I know this is an older thread (not that it makes a huge difference in the lowly iPod sub-forum) but I was wondering if you found anything? I have a Belkin case on my 7th gen iPod Classic that is loose enough to just about fit my 5th gen 80GB model as well. I'll double check when I'm home but I do vaguely remember stuffing it in there once just to see.

It's one of these. Or very much like it. I think they had a version that was for the thicker models like the 60/80 video and original 160 classic. Doesn't do a lot for drops but it keeps most scratches off the back plate and front/screen. Though there are a few rub marks on the steel case from the stitching but it pretty much scratches if you so much as look at it wrong as we all know. :)

0OVWJXr.jpg

Riviera122

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
Edit: NVM, I somehow missed the post about the 3GS pouch, derp. My bad.

@Justin122, I know this is an older thread (not that it makes a huge difference in the lowly iPod sub-forum) but I was wondering if you found anything? I have a Belkin case on my 7th gen iPod Classic that is loose enough to just about fit my 5th gen 80GB model as well. I'll double check when I'm home but I do vaguely remember stuffing it in there once just to see.

It's one of these. Or very much like it. I think they had a version that was for the thicker models like the 60/80 video and original 160 classic. Doesn't do a lot for drops but it keeps most scratches off the back plate and front/screen. Though there are a few rub marks on the steel case from the stitching but it pretty much scratches if you so much as look at it wrong as we all know. :)

0OVWJXr.jpg

I would say that a lot of the more roomy Classic cases would fit the 5.5G TBH.

On an unrelated note, do you know if I can get a volume control adapter for the 5.5G anywhere? It sorta bugs me having to get my iPod out of my pocket just to change volume.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.