Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Is the battery in the iPod that amazing.

If you think about it My Powerbook lasts for about 4.5 hours playing music and playing games etc... It probably uses about 10 times as much power as the iPod and the iPod only lasts about twice as long.

Hmmmmm.

Guy

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
Originally posted by Ensign Paris

It probably uses about 10 times as much power as the iPod and the iPod only lasts about twice as long.

riiiiiiight. please do not make general statements or use the word "probably" if you do not know. the iPod's battery life is awesome because mp3 playing is a decoding process of an extremely compressed format (i.e. processor intensive) there is NOT a g4 in the iPod. not only the 10 hr life on the battery but the ability to charge 80% in one hour. the battery truly is first class.

p.s. not trying to flame just pointing out that generalizations don't belong in your math :D

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Ok

For battery life, for an MP3 Player the iPod is quite excellent but to be correct the the Powerbook uses 5.6x what the iPod uses. But then again the battery for the PB is bigger. I see your point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.