Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djeeyore25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
New York City
Is anyone having issues syncing iPods with the latest Mojave update? Both my iPod Classic and iPod Nano connect, then immediately disconnect without syncing or being listed on iTunes (version 12.9). My iPads and iPhone connect just fine. My Classic and Nano will connect normally on a computer running High Sierra and iTunes 12.8. I've tried different cables, USB ports, etc.

Reactions: woodenbrain

kipwheeler

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2016
Is anyone having issues syncing iPods with the latest Mojave update? Both my iPod Classic and iPod Nano connect, then immediately disconnect without syncing or being listed on iTunes (version 12.9). My iPads and iPhone connect just fine. My Classic and Nano will connect normally on a computer running High Sierra and iTunes 12.8. I've tried different cables, USB ports, etc.
I'm having the same problem. It's not a cable issue for me, the "sync" option is entirely grayed out where I can't select it to update my iPod.

djeeyore25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
New York City
I'm having the same problem. It's not a cable issue for me, the "sync" option is entirely grayed out where I can't select it to update my iPod.
That's odd. My iPod syncing issues went away with the next update to Mojave and have been working fine since. If I see any solutions to your syncing issues I'll post them.

woodenbrain

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2009
Can anyone confirm that iPod Classics will sync with iTunes 12.8+? Specifically with iTunes 12.8, 12.9, and on HS and/or Mojave would be helpful. Thanks.

djeeyore25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
New York City
Can anyone confirm that iPod Classics will sync with iTunes 12.8+? Specifically with iTunes 12.8, 12.9, and on HS and/or Mojave would be helpful. Thanks.
I don't have any issues syncing my iPod Classic with Mojave and iTunes 12.9. It's a little slow, but that has more to do with the Classic than iTunes.

Reactions: woodenbrain
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.