Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Goompa

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2018
Hi everyone.

I have an 11 inch. M1 iPad Pro, and I‘ve never been able to project (monitor/screen/projector) using a usb-c to HDMI Adapter.

So I wonder: is my iPad broken (like a faulty port?), do I need to click some keys to make it work? Or should I buy the original usb-c to HDMI adapter from apple?

I just plug in the adapter and connect the cables and wait till it works… which hasn’t been the case :/
The port does recognize external drives when I plug an usb memory though.

Thanks in advance.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Hi everyone.

I have an 11 inch. M1 iPad Pro, and I‘ve never been able to project (monitor/screen/projector) using a usb-c to HDMI Adapter.

So I wonder: is my iPad broken (like a faulty port?), do I need to click some keys to make it work? Or should I buy the original usb-c to HDMI adapter from apple?

I just plug in the adapter and connect the cables and wait till it works… which hasn’t been the case :/
The port does recognize external drives when I plug an usb memory though.

Thanks in advance.

Could very well be the adapter but have you also tested the cable with another device? I have the Apple adapter and it works fine with my M1 12.9 but so does a different, 3rd party adapter from Cable Matters.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.