Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjstar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2020
iPhone 8, updated to 13.5.1. Battery drain is significant since update and I want to revert to 13.5 using iTunes. Different sources state that at ipsw.me at least a couple of previous signed iOS versions were available. This is not the case. Only 13.5.1 is available as a signed ipsw file - the current version! What am I missing?

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 8.45.42 AM.png

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
iPhone 8, updated to 13.5.1. Battery drain is significant since update and I want to revert to 13.5 using iTunes. Different sources state that at ipsw.me at least a couple of previous signed iOS versions were available. This is not the case. Only 13.5.1 is available as a signed ipsw file - the current version! What am I missing?
There is never a special version of the file itself that's either signed or unsigned. It's always the same file, and that file gets verified with Apple during the installation process. There's no way you can downgrade your phone.

sjstar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2020

13.5 is no longer signed since June 8th.

Thanks for the info.
Then I guess the ipsw.me website is no longer needed. We will be a bit more wary of updating to new iOS versions.
[automerge]1592402580[/automerge]
There is never a special version of the file itself that's either signed or unsigned. It's always the same file, and that file gets verified with Apple during the installation process. There's no way you can downgrade your phone.

There's no way you can downgrade your phone.

I don't know about other users, but I'm going to be a lot more wary of updating iOS versions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.