Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pup

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 31, 2009
16.4 seems to be a no go for people with HomePods, but have people without them been able to upgrade their devices without having HomeKit issues?

sparky672

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2004
I accepted the new architecture in December. I have an Apple TV 4K acting as my Home hub that gave me trouble* starting when it upgraded to tvOS 16.3.1 and/or 16.3.2. My HomeKit problems cleared up with 16.4.

* Problems were with remote access for certain devices and lasted for nearly two months. Oddly, I could clear up the problems by rebooting my router and Apple TV, but that only lasted until the next day. Maintaining remote access to certain devices and certain automations meant daily rebooting.

Last edited:
Reactions: pup and b17777

pup

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 31, 2009
I accepted the new architecture in December. I have an Apple TV 4K acting as my Home hub that gave me trouble* starting when it upgraded to tvOS 16.3.1 and/or 16.3.2. My HomeKit problems cleared up with 16.4.
Good to know, thanks. I'll probably hold off on the new architecture regardless. Given what being posted, I suspect there's at least one more update before it's truly ready. Plus I don't have any issues now with reliability or responsiveness, so there's not really any motivation for me to change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.