Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ucshade

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2022
Got this phone in the used market every other thing seem ok aside the battery health been 82%, i used 3utools to notice that the battery supplier too is simplo, I need advice on if to continue to use, is this battery able to deliver in some sort of way

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I’d suggest replacing battery asap instead of hanging on it. 82% reports from Apple can be 70% actual battery life performance, at least based on my personal experience.

Reactions: blkjedi954

Ucshade

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2022
Or just use the phone as is and when the battery life becomes too aggravating- then replace it
Noted,,, I’ll try to ignore just that knowledge of it just create anxiety, like I said I got it used every other condition fall in place except the health been 82,,,, for instance this morning around 10:30am I charged to 79% I used a bit of social apps and slight offline videos and right now it’s 7:50pm and it’s at 30%

Reactions: LacrosseChic

d5aqoëp

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2016
Does Apple allow battery replacement even without hitting 80% health? Here in India they denied battery replacement with 84% health on iPhone 12 mini. They asked me to come back when it showed Service in Battery health status.

Ucshade

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2022
Does Apple allow battery replacement even without hitting 80% health? Here in India they denied battery replacement with 84% health on iPhone 12 mini. They asked me to come back when it showed Service in Battery health status.
It’s even better at least you’re assured of their service, here in my region there’s no authorized apple repair store talk more of giving such condition

BeatCrazy

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2011
In my experience, when health gets close to 80%, the device can just start behaving weird, like shutting down and acting like there's no charge available, even if it's ~30%.

Cubytus

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2007
I’d suggest replacing battery asap instead of hanging on it. 82% reports from Apple can be 70% actual battery life performance, at least based on my personal experience.
+1. I have an iPhone 5 with original Apple battery reporting 72%, I can barely extract 5 hours of light usage before it requests low battery mode.

On the other hand, third-party batteries tend to perform even worse. I've got my fair share of thse over years, yet they always seem to report less than50 cycles before losing 20% reported capacity (actually less in cold weather, not unusual to have the phone turn off at 30% remaining life)

Instead of the reported capacity, have a look a the cycles. Gove or take, a very good Li-ion battery may last 500 cycles. An ordinary one, maybe 300.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.