Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cookies!

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
If Apple and Adobe follow through with their promises, I am so, so excited to work on Apple computers again. I was getting close to switching over to Windows for Adobe CC, but these (promised) performance improvements are looking awesome.

Reactions: mburkhard

merlinmage

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2014
nMP user here. Would actually be awesome if my Mac wouldn't deliver screen errors when I plug in my LG 31MU97 as a second monitor. Using a Win 8.1 Pro PC right next to it, 2016/17 will be the switch to Skylake-E and goodbye to Apple. Performance improvements are nice though.

Reactions: rdav

oneshotpro

Suspended
Aug 13, 2014
definitely, looking forward to improved photoshop performance and others I occasionally use.

spaz8

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2007
I'm concerned that "Metal" just means apple will go from abysmal support and drivers for openGL and OpenCL to completely zero attention. Lots of developers and users have issues with openGL and openCl today, right now.. its probably a good year away from now till we see the first apps using Metal in them (how many years did it take for 64 bit apps to show up after the hardware and OS was there?) .. assuming version 1.0 magically solves everyones problems and is more performant than anything else.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.