Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skeptical.me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
Australia
I am experiencing 3 main bugs, anyone else? I've given Apple feedback about these bugs.

1. When I scroll down a page in messaging apps the page will automatically spring back up to the top.
2. In some Apps the screen will go almost fully black and white like a photocopied image
3. The folders in iOS 13 beta 2 have square edges

3nzGH5Z.jpg

NsbJwNu.jpg

Skeptical.me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
Australia
Maybe you have some accessibility setting on?

I checked accessibility settings and nothing is on that would do this..
[doublepost=1560857543][/doublepost]
I had the square folder icons and solved it by doing a reset of settings. General->Reset->Reset All Settings

Yeah, resetting settings is a good idea, I haven't done it in such a long period of time I had forgotten about it. Tbh I'm that worried about these bugs, I just posted to see if these issues are common for this beta.

Last edited:

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I don’t get this square folder icon on both iphone and ipad, even when i use a black wallpaper.
The spring back effect happens on mails app as well, which looks super weird.

Reactions: Skeptical.me

ya1950

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2009
Solved it for me. Not sure if it’s a bug or problem with old settings carried over to new IOS. In any case try it and report back if it works for you.

I checked accessibility settings and nothing is on that would do this..
[doublepost=1560857543][/doublepost]

Yeah, resetting settings is a good idea, I haven't done it in such a long period of time I had forgotten about it. Tbh I'm that worried about these bugs, I just posted to see if these issues are common for this beta.

Skeptical.me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
Australia
I don’t get this square folder icon on both iphone and ipad, even when i use a black wallpaper.
The spring back effect happens on mails app as well, which looks super weird.

The spring back thing is the most annoying bug, if it's happening to many users they'll fix it within a few weeks, I guess. I contacted Apple through the Feedback app.

Overall, however, iOS 13 isn't that bad of a beta . I really like the major changes.

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
Beta 2 seems to be a pretty major reliability regression, at least on an XS Max. With Beta 1, many apps weren't working for me, and most of those are now fixed, but the phone reboots itself multiple times a day to a "Unable to activate FaceID on this iPhone" message, which then needs another hard reboot. It was never doing this on Beta 1.

Reactions: jschu22

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
I've seen several people experiencing this but I haven't experienced it myself. I'm pretty impressed by how stable iOS 13 is right now though.

Skeptical.me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
Australia
Beta 2 seems to be a pretty major reliability regression, at least on an XS Max. With Beta 1, many apps weren't working for me, and most of those are now fixed, but the phone reboots itself multiple times a day to a "Unable to activate FaceID on this iPhone" message, which then needs another hard reboot. It was never doing this on Beta 1.

Thats a bad bug, I'd report that if I were you. Its always interesting to see various issues strike iPhones when Beta's are released.

digitalexplr

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2016
Central Missouri
I am experiencing 3 main bugs, anyone else? I've given Apple feedback about these bugs.

1. When I scroll down a page in messaging apps the page will automatically spring back up to the top.
2. In some Apps the screen will go almost fully black and white like a photocopied image
3. The folders in iOS 13 beta 2 have square edges

3nzGH5Z.jpg

NsbJwNu.jpg
Not seeing any of the three, iPP 9.7 or XR or 6s.

jschu22

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2008

Add “Mail is about as reliable as a meth head” and you’ve nailed it buddy. In addition to just random odd behavior in that app, now I cannot reply to emails with attachments. Can’t get on Apple at all of course, #beta, but it looks like its back to iOS 12 for me until b3.

jfiggy77

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2015
I’m experiencing 1 and 2. For the springing to the top of the page, it’s happening to me in several apps...messaging, browser, mail just to name a few. The black and white on some pages and in some apps is also weird. I’ve experienced that issue in safari for the most part when I click a link. Usually if I reload the page, it all goes back to normal. The other thing I’ve been experiencing is a problem with the screen sensor turning the screen off while I’m looking at it. I thought it could have been my screen protector which I removed but I’m still having the issue.

Last edited:

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
Crashing. In Twitter sometimes when opening a link or trying to go to full Safari browser. Couple times a day. Sometimes relaunching. Same for Instagram.

Taking a screenshot using vol up + power and get black screen freeze / crash. Again couple times a day.

Never had this behavior or trouble on beta, even Samsung betas over last couple years.

mtulman1

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
1 & 2 absolutely. Facebook springs back all the time. The black and white thing happens in outlook app a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.