Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schmactor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2014
Adding to what I'm sure are the many complaints about Mail in iOS 13 being a glitchy mess. First off, I removed and deleted every single account on my phone, deleted the Mail app, and did a hard restart. Then I re-added all my mail accounts. The problems are still exactly the same. Basically I need to do everything twice with new unread mail. If I'm looking at the list of my unread mail in a folder it looks normal: one copy of each new email. However if I'm in an open email, each new email behaves as if it is there twice. If I use the arrow to skip down to the next unread email the same email shows up one more time. If I try to delete a new email it shows up one more time. It's as if there are 2 copies of every email and I need to perform every action twice for it to go through. Soooo annoying and such a bizarre glitch. Amazed so many Mail problems still exist even after several updates. Anyone have any fixes or know if these problems are being addressed?

Mkraft3003

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2019
So far no fix in sight. 13.3 beta 1 does not fix it either. At this point I do not think it is a priority for apple. I guess the world of exchange users is too small for them to care about. It is a shame.

Reactions: guesswho183

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Seems like iOS 13.2.2 release notes call out at least one Mail-related fix.

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2017
Mail is just such an utter mess. They've had 13 years to get it right. I can't even use it half of the time, the emails just don't load. So frustrating. It's an iPad Pro but I can't even do basic emailing. How did they mess it up so badly???

lawrencejuliano

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Beverly Hills, CA
I can't believe that mail made it to full release in its current state. I do appreciate it, however, because without this mess I would have never tried Outlook and Spark. Despite some native lack of integration in certain places, Spark absolutely blows away the stock app, it has increased my work productivity dramatically.

Reactions: thewhitehart

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Mail is just such an utter mess. They've had 13 years to get it right. I can't even use it half of the time, the emails just don't load. So frustrating. It's an iPad Pro but I can't even do basic emailing. How did they mess it up so badly???
Are you saying it was a mess all during the past 13 years?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.